The bust was created by casting the initial clay model using a two-part negative plaster mould (lost mould). The head and base were fashioned separately and then joined together. Subsequently, Giacometti reworked most of the surface by adding and removing plaster.
At the instigation of Annette Giacometti the plaster served as a template for bronze casts made using the sand-casting method from 1972. In the foundry, a yellowish sealant and talcum as a release agent were applied prior to sand casting.
- Plaster, coated with sealant
- 16.2 x 13.6 x 8.9 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 2006
- Object number
- GS 306
- Not signed
- Further information
- Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich, ab 2006, Leihgabe
- Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung (Sammlung), 2006, Geschenk
- Bruno und Odette Giacometti, bis 2006
- Alberto Giacometti