ʻFemme debout no. 8ʼ was created by casting a preceding model using a gelatine mould. The preceding model was presumably a plaster casting of an initial clay or Plasticine model, which Giacometti subsequently reworked by adding and removing plaster. The female figure from the plaster casting on display here shows no evidence of further working. However, Giacometti completely reworked the surface of the base by adding and removing plaster.
From 1956, the plaster served as a template for bronze casts made using the sand-casting method. In the foundry, a reddish sealant and talcum as a release agent were applied prior to sand casting.
- Plaster, coated with sealant
- 27.3 x 7 x 10 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 2006
- Object number
- GS 343
- Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich, ab 2006, Leihgabe
- Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung (Sammlung), 2006, Geschenk
- Bruno und Odette Giacometti, Nachlass
- Alberto Giacometti