The bust was created by casting the initial clay model using a two-part negative plaster mould (lost mould). Subsequently, it was further worked by adding and removing plaster. On the back of the base plate, on the right, the artist applied his signature in black with a brush: 1964 Alberto Giacometti. In 1966 — still at the instigation of the artist — the plaster served as a template for two bronze casts using lost wax casting.
In the foundry, the work was coated with yellow-brown sealant and release agent prior to the making of the gelatine mould.
- Plaster, coated with sealant and release agent
- 42.7 x 25.1 x 13 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 2006
- Object number
- GS 335
- inscribed on the base at rear right: 1964 Alberto Giacometti
- Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich (Museum), ab 2006, Leihgabe
- Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung (Sammlung), 2006, Geschenk
- Bruno und Odette Giacometti, Nachlass
- Alberto Giacometti