The bust was created by casting the initial clay model using a two-part negative plaster mould (lost mould). Subsequently, Giacometti further worked the surface by adding and removing plaster.
No subsequent moulds were made from this plaster, meaning that it did not serve as a template for a bronze cast.
- Plaster, partially painted
- 27.1 x 21.6 x 10.4 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 2006
- Object number
- GS 327
- Not signed
- Further information
- Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich (Museum), ab 2006, Leihgabe
- Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung (Sammlung), 2006, Geschenk
- Bruno und Odette Giacometti, Nachlass
- Alberto Giacometti