If the date later attributed to this work by the artist is correct, this is probably the earliest sculpture that can be viewed in the round but is at the same time flattened in relief style.
The original plaster has been preserved and is held by the Giacometti Foundation in Paris. Two casts were made in each of the years 1963 and 1965.
- 28.5 x 17.5 x 10 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by the artist, 1965
- Object number
- GS 003
- Inscribed on plinth, left: A. Giacometti; dated on front: 1926; foundry mark on the back: CIRE / M PASTORI / PERDUE
- Further information
- Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich (Museum), frühestens ab 1965, Leihgabe
- Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung (Sammlung), Zürich, 1965, Geschenk des Künstlers
- Alberto Giacometti