The bust was probably created as a cast from a preceding model using a gelatine mould. The initial model was clay. Subsequently, Alberto Giacometti further worked the surface by adding and removing plaster.
From 1965, the plaster served as a template for bronze casts using lost wax casting. In the foundry, the work was coated with yellow-brown sealant and a release agent prior to the making of the gelatine mould.
- Plaster, coated with sealant and release agent
- 42.1 x 20.8 x 15.9 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 2006
- Object number
- GS 334
- Not signed
- Further information
- Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich (Museum), ab 2006, Leihgabe
- Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung (Sammlung), 2006, Geschenk
- Bruno und Odette Giacometti, Nachlass
- Alberto Giacometti