The bust was created by casting the initial clay model using a two-part negative plaster mould (lost mould). Giacometti subsequently reworked the bust by adding and removing plaster and applied a few strokes of red and black paint to the face neck areas.
No subsequent moulds were made from this plaster, meaning that it did not serve as a template for a bronze cast.
- Plaster, partially painted
- 41.5 x 38.5 x 23.4 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 2006
- Object number
- GS 312
- Not signed
- Further information
- Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich (Museum), ab 2006, Leihgabe
- Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung (Sammlung), 2006, Geschenk
- Bruno und Odette Giacometti, Nachlass
- Alberto Giacometti