The bust was created by casting the initial clay model using a two-part negative plaster mould (lost mould). The surface displays no evidence of further working. From 1963, the plaster served as a template for bronze casts using lost wax casting.
In the foundry, the work was coated with yellow-brown sealant and a release agent prior to the making of the gelatine mould.
- Plaster, coated with sealant and release agent
- 60.2 x 27.5 x 25.2 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 2006
- Object number
- GS 332
- Not signed
- Further information
- Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich (Museum), ab 2006, Leihgabe
- Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung (Sammlung), 2006, Geschenk
- Bruno und Odette Giacometti, Nachlass
- Alberto Giacometti