The bust was modelled directly in plaster on an armature embedded in the base. Subsequently, Giacometti painted the entire surface and signed the back of the base.
The head was not moulded during his lifetime, but served as a template for two documentary plaster casts in 1979.
- Plaster, painted
- 31.2 x 9.5 x 8.5 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 2006
- Object number
- GS 310
- inscribed on the lower back side: Alberto Giacometti
- Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich (Museum), ab 2006, Leihgabe
- Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung (Sammlung), 2006, Geschenk
- Bruno und Odette Giacometti, Nachlass
- Alberto Giacometti