The head was created by casting the initial clay or Plasticine model using a multi-part negative plaster mould (plaster piece-mould). The surface displays no evidence of further working.
From 1958, the plaster served as a template for bronze casts made using the sand-casting method. In the foundry, a reddish sealant and talcum as a release agent were applied prior to sand casting.
- 19.2 x 11.5 x 16.7 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 2006
- Object number
- GS 303
- Not signed
- Further information
- Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich (Museum), ab 2006, Leihgabe
- Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung (Sammlung), 2006, Geschenk
- Bruno und Odette Giacometti, bis 2006
- Alberto Giacometti (Künstler/-in)