The head was created by casting the initial clay or Plasticine model using a multi-part negative plaster mould (plaster piece-mould). The surface displays no evidence of further working.
From 1958, the plaster served as a template for bronze casts made using the sand-casting method. In the foundry, a reddish sealant and talcum as a release agent were applied prior to sand casting.
- Plaster, coated with sealant
- 21.9 x 16.2 x 17.7 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 2006
- Object number
- GS 302
- Not signed
- Further information
- ab 2006, Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich (Museum), Zürich, Leihgabe
- ab 2006, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung (Sammlung), Zürich, Geschenk
- o.D. – 2006, Bruno und Odette Giacometti, Nachlass
- Alberto Giacometti (*1901 Borgonovo bei Stampa, +1966 Chur) (Künstler/-in)