At first the bust was created by making a cast of the initial clay model using a two-part negative plaster mould (lost mould). Subsequently, Giacometti reworked the surface in a few places by removing material and painting the head and collar areas completely.
From 1955, the bust served as a template for bronze casts. Initially using lost wax casting, later using sand casting. In the foundry, the work was coated with light yellow sealant and a release agent prior to the making of the gelatine mould. Before the sand mould was made, talcum as a release agent was applied.
- Plaster, painted, coated with sealant
- 40.0 x 34.0 x 20.0 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 2006
- Object number
- GS 315
- Not signed
- Further information
- Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich (Museum), ab 2006, Leihgabe
- Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung (Sammlung), 2006, Geschenk
- Bruno und Odette Giacometti, Nachlass
- Alberto Giacometti