The head was modelled directly in plaster and the area surrounding the eyes was temporarily painted black. In later working phases the black paint was mostly erased due to removal of plaster and is visible only in remnants today. Several pencil lines can be seen in the region of the mouth.
No subsequent moulds were made from this plaster, meaning that it did not serve as a template for a bronze cast.
- Plaster, partially painted
- 37.7 x 33.0 x 42.0 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 2006
- Object number
- GS 299
- Not signed
- Further information
- Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich (Museum), ab 2006, Leihgabe
- Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung (Sammlung), 2006, Geschenk
- Bruno und Odette Giacometti, bis 2006, Nachlass
- Alberto Giacometti