The bust was initially created by casting the original clay model using a negative plaster mould (lost mould). Subsequently, Giacometti reworked the surface by adding and removing plaster and applied a few strokes of red and black paint to the face.
In 1969 the plaster served as a model for bronze casts made using the lost wax technique. In the foundry, the work was cut through at the upper third of the iron bar and coated with a light yellow sealant and a release agent prior to the making of the gelatine mould.
- Plaster, partially painted
- 46.0 x 19.0 x 15.2 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 2006
- Object number
- GS 314
- Not signed
- Further information
- Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich (Museum), ab 2006, Leihgabe
- Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung (Sammlung), 2006, Geschenk
- Bruno und Odette Giacometti, Nachlass
- Alberto Giacometti