The bust was created by casting the initial clay model using a negative plaster mould (lost mould). Subsequently, Giacometti slightly reworked the surface. The artist initially signed the back of the base in blue pencil, later scratching his signature into the plaster.
From 1962, the plaster served as a template for bronze casts made using the sand-casting method. In the foundry, a reddish sealant and talcum as a release agent were applied prior to sand casting.
- Plaster, coated with sealant
- 43.9 x 8.9 x 10.8 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 2006
- Object number
- GS 325
- inscribed on back: ‘Alberto Giacometti’
- Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich (Museum), ab 2006, Leihgabe
- Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung (Sammlung), 2006, Geschenk
- Bruno und Odette Giacometti, Nachlass
- Alberto Giacometti