ʻFemme debout sans brasʼ was created by casting the initial clay model using a two-part negative plaster mould (lost mould). Subsequently, Giacometti completely reworked the surface by adding and removing plaster and applying some black brush strokes in a few places.
From 1956, the plaster served as a template for bronze casts made using the sand-casting method, which meant that in the foundry the piece had to be cut through above the feet.
- Plaster, partially painted
- 32.4 x 8.4 x 11.8 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 2006
- Object number
- GS 349
- Not signed
- Further information
- Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich (Museum), ab 2006, Leihgabe
- Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung (Sammlung), 2006, Geschenk
- Bruno und Odette Giacometti, Nachlass
- Alberto Giacometti