The plaster was created by casting the initial clay model using a two-part negative plaster mould (lost mould). Subsequently, the surface was only slightly reworked.
From 1954, the plaster served as a template for bronze casts made using the sand-casting method. In the foundry, a reddish sealant and talcum as a release agent were applied prior to sand casting. Probably in connection with a posthumous silicon mould for the production of a documentary plaster cast, the plaster was additionally coated with thin, yellowish layers of sealant and release agent.
- Plaster, coated with sealant and release agent
- 33.4 x 22.1 x 11.6 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 2006
- Object number
- GS 318
- Further information
- Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich (Museum), ab 2006, Leihgabe
- Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung (Sammlung), 2006, Geschenk
- Bruno und Odette Giacometti, Nachlass
- Alberto Giacometti