The figure was created by casting the initial clay or Plasticine model using a two-part negative plaster mould (lost mould). Subsequently, Giacometti completely reworked the surface by adding and removing plaster and applying a few red and black brush strokes.
No subsequent moulds were made from this plaster, meaning that it did not serve as a template for a bronze cast. The present damage was
first documented in 1954.
- Plaster, partially painted
- 15.0 x 4.0 x 5.3 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 2006
- Object number
- GS 339
- Not signed
- Further information
- Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich (Museum), ab 2006, Leihgabe
- Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung (Sammlung), 2006, Geschenk
- Bruno und Odette Giacometti, Nachlass
- Alberto Giacometti