The bust was created by casting the initial clay model using a two-part negative plaster mould (lost mould). The surface displays no evidence of further working. From 1958 the bust served as a template for bronze casts (for example Kunsthaus Zürich, see the collection online, Obj. no. 2012/81). Initially using sand casting, later using lost wax casting.
In the foundry, a reddish sealant and talcum as a release agent were applied prior to sand casting. Before the gelatine mould was made, coats of yellowish sealant and release agent were applied.
- Plaster, coated with sealant and release agent
- 53.9 x 14.2 x 15.5 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 2006
- Object number
- GS 324
- Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich (Museum), ab 2006, Leihgabe
- Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, 2006, Geschenk
- Bruno und Odette Giacometti, Nachlass
- Alberto Giacometti