Illustrated book with 7 drawings.
– Drawings on the front and rear flyleaves: cabinet with busts, tankards and plates in the dining room in Stampa.
– Annotations on p. 81: Roman and Arabic numerals.
– Annotation p. 93: squiggle.
– Drawings as marginalia on p. 288: 3 heads.
– Sketches to figs 2 and 3 (plate section): ornamentation, inspired by the Minoan vessels reproduced.
– Drawings to fig. 11 (plate section): schematic copy ‘Marmorstatue eines Jünglings, München’ (Archaic kouros).
– Drawing to fig. 32 (plate section): Copy leg «Orpheus unter den Thrakern»
– Drawings to fig. 50 and 51 (plate section): ‘Aphrodite, Bronzestatuette, London’, copy of outlines.
– Drawings to fig. 52 (plate section): copy of the ‘Bronzestatue eines Herrschers, Rom’.
The book is held in the library of the Kunsthaus Zürich with the reference code P 231:8
To arrange a viewing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org; prior appointment required
- Pencil on paper
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 1998
- Object number
- GS 189