The massive head is modelled directly in plaster on an iron armature.From 1960, the plaster served as a model for bronze casts using lost wax casting.
In the foundry, the work was coated with yellow-brown sealant and a release agent prior to the making of the gelatine mould.
- Plaster, partially painted, coated with sealant and release agent
- 96.2 x 30.0 x 35.0 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 2006
- Object number
- GS 329
- Not signed
- Further information
- Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich (Museum), ab 2006, Leihgabe
- Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung (Sammlung), 2006, Geschenk
- Bruno und Odette Giacometti, Nachlass
- Alberto Giacometti