The bust was created by casting the initial clay model using a two-part negative plaster mould (lost mould). Subsequently, Giacometti slightly reworked the surface by adding and removing plaster. From 1963, the plaster served as a template for bronze casts using the lost wax casting method.
In the foundry, the work was coated with yellow- brown sealant and a release agent prior to the making of the gelatine mould. 1980 a documentary plaster cast was produced with the help of a silicon mould.
- Plaster, coated with sealant and release agent
- 62.2 x 26.8 x 18.8 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 2008
- Object number
- GS 331
- Not signed
- Further information
- Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich (Museum), ab 2006, Leihgabe
- Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung (Sammlung), 2006, Geschenk
- Bruno und Odette Giacometti, Nachlass
- Alberto Giacometti