The bust was created by casting the initial clay model using a two-part negative plaster mould (lost mould). The surface displays no evidence of further working. From 1969, the plaster served as a template for bronze casts using lost wax casting.
In the foundry, the work was coated with yellow-brown sealant and a release agent prior to the making of the gelatine mould.
- Plaster, coated with sealant and release agent
- 59 x 38.1 x 26.5 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 2006
- Object number
- GS 338
- Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich (Museum), ab 2006, Leihgabe
- Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung (Sammlung), Zürich, 2006, Geschenk
- Bruno und Odette Giacometti, Nachlass
- Alberto Giacometti