The ʻComposition cubisteʼ was probably created by making a cast of an initial clay model using a two-part negative plaster mould (lost mould). Subsequently, Giacometti completely reworked the entire surface by adding and removing plaster and signed the base plate in pencil on two sides. Additionally the surface displays a few lines drawn with pencil.
No subsequent casts were made from this plaster, meaning that it did not serve as a template for a bronze cast. In 1979 restoration work was carried out on the damaged plaster. The fissures and fractures were covered by the application of new plaster.
- Plaster, pencil
- 51.5 x 25.7 x 23.7 cm
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung, Donated by Bruno and Odette Giacometti, 2006
- Object number
- GS 295
- Signed twice on base plate: Alberto Giacometti
- Further information
- Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft | Kunsthaus Zürich (Museum), ab 2006, Leihgabe
- Alberto Giacometti-Stiftung (Sammlung), 2006, Geschenk
- Bruno und Odette Giacometti, bis 2006, Nachlass
- Alberto Giacometti